Rotisserie Chicken is very famous around the world & cooked in almost every household during the holiday season. With our recipe for air fryer rotisserie chicken, you can make a perfect dinner without the guilt of consuming extra fats. But first, you need an air fryer with rotisserie for making rotisserie style air fryer whole chicken.
This particle recipe is created by using an Instant Omni Plus Air Fryer which is our top pick air fryer toaster oven combo. But cooking in an air fryer oven things can be different than roasting the whole chicken in a traditional oven. With our power air fryer rotisserie chicken recipe, all your questions like How do you rotisserie a chicken in an air fryer, How long does it take to rotisserie a chicken in the air fryer, How do you use a rotisserie air fryer are covered.
What is rotisserie chicken?
Rotisserie Chicken is prepared on a ‘spit’ or ‘rotisserie’ that is a metal rod that holds the whole chicken next to the heat source and it is cooked on slow heat keeping it full of flavors. The rod is rotated to cook chicken evenly.
Origin of rotisserie chicken:
Rotisserie Chicken was originated in France during the medieval period and the word ‘Rotisserie’ comes from the French word ‘rôtir’ which means ‘roast’. In the medieval period, people preferred cooking meat on ‘spit’. This method got fame in later ages and resulting from latest inventions today rotisserie is done in many ways, like in air fryers, toaster ovens, convection ovens, crockpot, fire pit, or on roaster grill.
How to make a perfect air fryer rotisserie chicken
Air Fryer oven uses hot air, which circulates all-around food to cook it evenly, and due to its high temperature it cooks food faster than the usual oven, which makes it perfect for air fryer whole chicken rotisserie. The air fryer makes it easy to make rotisserie chicken keeping it juicy, full of flavors, and crispy.
Ingredients you need to prepare rotisserie chicken air fryer style:
- 4 lb Cleaned, rinsed, and dried Chicken
- 2 tablespoon Olive oil/Coconut Oil/ghee
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Garlic powder
- ½ tablespoon Onion powder
- 1 tablespoon Paprika
- ½ tablespoon Brown sugar
- ½ tablespoon Italian seasoning
- ½ medium lemon
- 2 tablespoon butter
Air fryer whole chicken recipe:
- Step 1: Mix salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, onion powder, Italian seasoning, and brown sugar in a bowl.
- Step 2: You can add stuffing if you want. You can add onion, lemon, garlic cloves, and add seasoning to the stuffing. And then tie the chicken around so that stuffing doesn’t fall out of the chicken.
- Step 3: oil/ghee/coconut oil all over chicken gently. Apply oil carefully all over the chicken and then rub it, so that it will keep the chicken safe from burning at high temperature.
- Step 4: After applying oil evenly on the chicken, apply the mixture all over it, and rub. Season chicken very well and you can add other spices too according to your taste. You can also add lemon juice while seasoning.
- Step 5: After seasoning, let it sit for an hour so that it absorbs the flavor.
- Step 6: Now for this step, your whole chicken air fryer depends on the accessories that come with your air fryer toaster oven
- Air fryer with a basket: If your Air Fryer toaster oven has a basket, spray it with non-stick cooking spray. Place chicken into the Air-Fryer basket keeping breast-side down. Set Temperature to 360 degrees F and let it cook for 30 minutes. Later flip the side of the chicken and let it cook for another 30 minutes at the same temperature.
- Air Fryer with a Spit: Place your marinated chicken on the spit and make sure that your chicken is well centered and it is evenly balanced on the spit so that it can move easily in the oven. Unbalanced chicken on spit won’t allow it to be cooked evenly. Chicken should be tied tightly so it doesn’t fall while moving on a spit.
Place rotisserie spit with chicken on spit holder carefully, and then scrupulously slid it into the oven along with drip pan.
Note: In an air fryer with rotisserie you don’t have to turn chicken manually, there is usually a motor to turn rotisserie spit around for even heating.
- Step 7: Set the rotisserie function on the air fryer oven, for additional instructions, look up the user manual.
Note: Don’t open the door in-between the heating process so that it doesn’t lose temperature.
- Step 8: Check the internal temperature with a meat thermometer to ensure that it is cooked thoroughly.
Remove rotisserie chicken from the heat source and let the chicken rest for about 10 minutes after the cooking cycle so that spices and juices settle back into the meat.
When chicken is done, place it on a heatproof surface like a platter or a baking sheet and carefully remove spits and forks.
- Step 9: After removing the thread which was twined around, remove garlic and lemon from the chicken’s cavity.
Cover chicken with foil for 15-20 minutes before carving.
A whole chicken is carved in the same manner. A carving knife is preferred for carving easily.
- Step 10:
It’s ready to serve. You can serve chicken rotisserie with:
- Mashed Potatoes
- Grilled Corn
- Mashed Cauliflower
- Roasted Carrots
- Spinach Salad
Benefits of cooking air fryer rotisserie chicken
- Air fryer with rotisserie makes it very easy to cook.
- It cooks chicken evenly, keeps it crisp and full of flavors.
- Air fryer rotates air all around the chicken to cook it evenly.
- Rotisserie chicken in air fryer oven uses very almost no amount of oil/ghee to cook. So, you can enjoy your dinner without worrying about extra calories
- Best rated air fryer toaster oven combo
- Buying guide air fryer toaster oven
- Best air fryer toaster oven with rotisserie
- Cuisinart air fryer toa 60 review
- Breville bov900bss review
- Black and decker toaster oven air fryer reviews
- Ninja foodi air fry oven reviews
- Cosori air fryer toaster oven combo review
- Emeril power air fryer oven 360 reviews