In case you haven’t noticed already, air fryers are “the thing” since 2018, and the demand has only continued to grow ever since – but why? For the most part, their convenience and health ensuring nature garner them some seriously solid points. Let’s have a look at what this kitchen appliance really is and what’s with the crazy talk about it.
What is an Air Fryer and how does it function?
An air fryer is basically a portable countertop kitchen appliance that has been designed to stimulate deep frying without actually submerging the food in oil. Pretty cool right? It works with its fans circulating hot air uniformly around the food so that it gets cooked with an even amount of heat.
A typical air fryer consists of a basket in which the food coated with a thin layer of oil is placed and the desired meal is prepared in a short period of time, using 70%-80% less oil than the traditional deep fryer. Everyone’s definitely raving about this appliance, however, it’s a matter of preference as what’s good for someone might not be for someone else. Here are some of the pros and cons of using a pod air fryer to help you choose whether or not you should get one for yourself:
Well, there you have it…these pros and cons will help you in building your decision but don’t get hasty as of yet, because when talking about preferences it must also be noted that not too many people are a fan of the simple pod air fryer anymore, rather most of them have reported in favor of Air Fryer Toaster Ovens which are the new thing now.
What is an Air Fryer Toaster Oven?
Air Fryer Toaster Ovens are pretty versatile in the way they function because not only they are air fryers, but work like any other regular oven as well. Just like an oven, the food can be cooked with the help of heating rods above and below through the process of convection – and, also with an air fryer basket which is why they use a fan to regulate the hot air within. This all-in-one unit can replace multiple appliances in your kitchen.
Now the question arises: What is the difference between air fryer and toaster oven?
Air Fryer Toaster Oven vs Air Fryer: What’s similar?
Now that we know what both products are, let’s look at the ways they are similar:
- Less use of oil for cooking.
- Use of fans to regulate the hot air.
- A variety of food can be made.
What is the difference between air fryer and toaster oven?
- The air fryer toaster oven is spacious, providing enough servings for a bigger audience, without having to cook in batches, which is so tiring.
- The air fryer oven comprises two cooking trays, rather than the single basket of a regular pod air fryer.
- Air fryers are easier to clean than air fryer ovens.
- The air fryer toaster oven combo provides multiple cooking features even rotisserie.
You see, it is definitely way easier to get sold on one of these things, but actually having to choose one is a completely different story. Let’s now have a look at two of the most basic foods that can be prepared with both the air fryers, i.e. french fries and crispy chicken wings.
We have tested these two foods to share the honest cooking result of both appliances.For comparing the cooking results we have used Instant Pot Omni Plus 11-in-1 & Philips Kitchen Appliances HD9220/28 Viva Airfryer (1.8lb/2.75qt), Black Fryer and
Air Fryer Toaster Oven vs Air Fryer: Cooking Results
Air Fried French Fries
Product used: Alexia Smart Classics Straight Cut Fries 32 Oz
Preheat: Both the air fryers are pre-heated at the same temperature, say about 400 degrees Fahrenheit but the air fryer toaster oven took more time in preheating due to its large oven cavity.
Cooking Time: The 2 pounds of frozen french fries took about 8 minutes to be fully done in the pod air fryer and on the other hand instant Omni air fryer oven took 13 mins until desired crispiness.
- Air Fryer: The french fries which were on the outside were crispy but the fries which were in the middle of the basket came out soggy. However, the overall taste of the french fries was good.
- Air Fryer Toaster Oven: All the fries were evenly cooked with the same color & crispiness.
Winner: The air fryer toaster oven.
For the taste, both were equally good but the soggy fries were the only drawback of the air fryer. This could be avoided if only using small batches to cook.
Air Fried Chicken Wings
Product used: Alexia Smart Classics Straight Cut Fries 32 Oz
Preheat: Both the appliances are pre-heated at 400 degrees Fahrenheit
Cooking Time:8 chicken wings took about 27 minutes to be fully done in the air fryer and on the other hand, the air fryer oven took 38 mins to cook 12 chicken wings.
- Air Fryer: The wings were crispy from the outside & juicy from the inside and had a crunchy texture.
- Air Fryer Toaster Oven: The wings which were air fried in the air fryer oven also had the same crispy & tenderness.
Winner: The Pod Air Fryer.
Both appliances air-fried wings equally good but the air fryer took less time due to small capacity & small batch than in air fryer toaster oven.
Which is better air fryer or air fryer toaster oven?
As we have all the facts before us, it would be right to say that Air Fryer toaster ovens do come with more perks than the pod air fryer. Thus, we could place our votes on the Air Fryer toaster ovens because they give you the benefits of an air fryer along with features of a regular toaster oven, hence making them pocket friendly as you only need to buy one appliance for multiple purposes which save you extra money and counter space
To sum up, if you’re into speed, as you want your food to be prepared quickly, and also be easily able to clean the fryer later, go for the basket – but, if versatile cooking features along with air fryer matters to you, then air fryer toaster oven it is.
We have also compiled a list of favorite air fryer toaster ovens to guide you before making a decision.
- Best rated air fryer toaster oven combo
- Buying guide air fryer toaster oven
- Best air fryer toaster oven with rotisserie
- Cuisinart air fryer toa 60 review
- Breville bov900bss review
- Black and decker toaster oven air fryer reviews
- Ninja foodi air fry oven reviews
- Cosori air fryer toaster oven combo review
- Emeril power air fryer oven 360 reviews